A couple days ago, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced the new redesign for the site’s profiles coming soon called “Timeline” at the F8 conference.
Interestingly, timeline is not yet live for everyone because it will go live on Thursday, 29 September 2011. But a beta version is available for developers now. It’s not necessarily the easiest process. You basically have to become a developer and make a fake app so that Facebook will give you access to the new feature. But if you really want to be the first of your friends to have a Timeline profile, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Login to your Facebook account and then Click Here, and give permission to the Developer app to access your basic info.
- Click on the “Create New App”.
- Give it a random display name and namespace, and click the “I Agree” box.
- On the new page, click on the “Open Graph” on the left-hand column.
- Fill in whatever you want in the following fields. You’ll need to pick an action for the first box and an object in the second box . Then click “Get Started.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click “Save Changes and Next.” Repeat that step for the next page.
- You may have to wait a bit for your app to be processed. Just go back to your homepage and wait for your invite to enable Timeline.
- On your homepage, you will see a notification to enable the New Facebook Timeline. Just click on the “Get It Now” button. Voila, you will have the New Facebook Timeline enable in your profile. Enjoy!
Alternatively you can check out this video: